Question:
Can I fly to Australia from London, but stop in Thailand for a while first?
Hb
2012-06-09 12:19:48 UTC
I want to travel Australia and Thailand this year and I've been told Thailand is sometimes one of the nessasary stops on route.

How do I go about staying in Thailand for a month or so before continuing my journey to Australia?

I've heard of round the world tickets but I got quoted £1300, my budget is £1000.

Can I not make the stop on a normal flight to Australia?

Thanks!
Three answers:
RoofingPrincess
2012-06-09 13:38:45 UTC
You book a multi-destination flight: London to Thailand, Thailand to Australia, Australia to London.

Any time you drop your "in transit" status, it is no longer a "normal flight to Australia". Normal flights use Thailand as a connection, not a place to stay for a month.

Check to find out if you will need a visa to stay in Thailand.
2016-10-21 03:53:46 UTC
I in basic terms flew from San Francisco to Singapore with a connection in HK. All passengers had to get off so as that they could sparkling the airplane. What they do is they provide you a sticky label that asserts you're a transit passenger. you need to take all your carry-on bags off the airplane and bypass with the aid of a protection line. in many circumstances the refuel is between ninety minutes and a pair of hours. The airline enable you to understand procedures long this is. in the event that they don't, ask a flight attendant. you do not bypass with the aid of customs. when you bypass with the aid of protection, you bypass to the departure gate section.
oneofcold
2012-06-09 14:35:27 UTC
If you book your flight with Thai Airways, they would probably let you do a stopover.