Question:
is it scary to fly in a plane?
carmilla_delioncourt
2006-05-20 01:13:45 UTC
i have never flown and my hubby wants us to travel? i am claustiabophic and i don't like the thought of not having anything under my feet, nothing stable. is it really scary?
21 answers:
2006-05-20 01:16:55 UTC
you sound exactly like me. claustrophobic and likes to keep her feet on the ground! i've heard that some planes are okay for people like us...but i'll tell you one thing...i am NOT finding out. no way. once you see the sky outside of the window and you can literally feel the plane go UP in the sky...no that's too much for me. i'd say tell hubby you're feet stay on the earth. lol.
C&T
2006-05-20 08:33:17 UTC
No, it's not scary at all; mostly boring. It can be a little cramped unless you're flying first class. If you're claustrophobic, you might prefer a window or aisle seat over a middle seat.

Occasionally the plane may run into some turbulence during the flight, so don't be surprised if it "bumps around" a bit; it's normal.

You might want to bring along a music player and headphones, and/or something to read.

You'll do just fine. Have a fun time on your trip!
Hobsch
2006-05-20 08:17:14 UTC
Not at all. Based on number of planes flying to accidents I believe its the safest form of travel.

Didnt fly until I was 19 and now fly very often and its never been scary.

The pilots are well trained, the aircraft are better than before.

Go and enjoy yourself.
2006-05-20 08:24:17 UTC
Fear of flying is a complex psychological issue, one that has been made more complex by the security concerns of the last few years. There are many books, videos, and other resources that deal with the fear of flying,

A Note on Turbulence:

Turbulence is a common occurrence on many airline flights and the presence of turbulence may make a passenger nervous or uncomfortable.
V for Vendetta ♪
2006-05-20 08:19:46 UTC
Not at all...the felling you have, once I had it too. I have flown several times, and nothing had happen at all. Did you know IT´S ACTUALLY MUCH MORE SAFE TO FLY THAN TO DRIVE..every year the fly companies improve their planes, to get the most comfortable flight and safest..hope it helped
aclau85
2006-05-20 08:29:16 UTC
well.. u will b scared at landing, takeoff n when the plane is unstable (e.g. bad weather)

Not to scare you...When it start to fly.. ill speed very fast (so that ill be able to take off-leave the ground) and you'll really fear that ull jerk off and your ear will really hurts. And with touch down, the pilot brake down, your ear will hurt too.. With the unstable stuff, it'll come a time when it's shaky shaky... and you'll really wanna vomit...if so..

but planes r very safe nowadays. i used to b very scared during this 3 situation... but in d end, u'll turn out fine.. in addition, your lovely husband will be with you too. :)
SurfinOnDryLand
2006-05-20 08:14:59 UTC
I never flew before a couple years ago, and I was fine with it. It depends on the kind of things that scare you about it. You actually do have something below your feet. It's the floor of the plane. ;-)
Lil mz bootylicious
2006-05-20 08:16:02 UTC
No its actually really great. Its just the lift off and landing thats a bit scary.
Press288
2006-05-20 08:16:03 UTC
no way! its easy and fun. mostly people sleep. its relaxing actually. you have a lot of ground and floor under your feet, dont worry. The plane is way to sturdy and the floor is way to think to be worried about anything. If your claustraphobic, i recommend first class. The seats are very comfortable and the seats are much bigger. dont be nervous, its fun! ;]

but what do you think about this

https://answersrip.com/question/index?qid=1006052000004
Dave B
2006-05-20 08:16:48 UTC
depends on the palne & depends on the weather I prefer the Jets since cabins are pressurized so they could flew way above the atmosphere above any weather disturbances unlike the small planes they fly low hence affected by all types of weather disturbances so choose are you adventerous enough?
Pink Midnight
2006-05-20 08:15:42 UTC
depends,i dont like it becasue i am not in control, and there is absolutley nothing I can do, im a long way up from the ground so yea, i think it is scary. Depends on who you are.
2006-05-20 08:31:26 UTC
It's fine... And faster than a boat. lol. Of course, be prepared to be poked, prodded, and possibly recieve a cavity search @ the airport.
Tsokomonster
2006-05-20 08:15:59 UTC
NO...its just like riding a car. You can only feel the difference when it go up and when it land.
hamood
2006-05-20 08:15:03 UTC
it is fantastic to fly on a plane
the_silverfoxx
2006-05-20 08:15:12 UTC
no i have done this different times safer than cars?
scooby.doo
2006-05-20 08:15:49 UTC
no its great. l like the take off best.
2006-05-20 08:17:11 UTC
its pretty boring actually, except for take off and landing
xD
2006-05-20 08:32:36 UTC
Of course not!
2006-05-20 08:29:18 UTC